Friday, March 9, 2012

Kindness matters...

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."  - John Quincy Adams

The blogosphere is full of useless information, poorly written content by unscrupulous authors and scams galore. But there is also the rare gem that pops out at you and makes you think.

366 Random Acts of Kindness is one such blog. It recounts a project started by a man named Ryan who looked at his 3 month old daughter and felt a need to give back to his community and to the world for the blessings in his life. Every day Ryan posts a random act of kindness that he performed for a stranger, friend or family member.

Yesterday his blog post shook me.

I live in a vacuum. I never have the opportunity to watch the news. I rarely play around on Facebook. When I visited 366 Random Acts of Kindness yesterday, I hadn't yet heard of Joseph Kony. After reading Ryan's post on his pledge to support Invisible Children and the campaign to stop Joseph Kony in 2012, I found myself taking the same pledge.


No matter what your opinion is of the organization Invisible Children may be, the message on stopping this depraved criminal is something that should resonate with us all.

Read more on 366 Random Acts of Kindness and Ryan's Pledge to Stop Joseph Kony